Hi to all wandering feet of the cyberworld! You have just added a little life to my blog. This is basically my journal of my travels and where I am currently located - Abu Dhabi. You will find my detailed journey of gaining my documents to finally landing myself inside this cold room my husband and I call home. Feel free to drop some of your pov's too.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Let's Move Southward

My first so called "roadtrip" was towards southward.  I was asked to join a monitoring team to attend an inspection and meeting in Davao del Sur.

Digos City of Davao del Sur, is a good hour travel by land from Davao City.  Digos houses the best bibingka i ahve ever tasted. Mer's Kakanin shop have been in the business for too long already.  They offer good kakanin stuff.

Another 30 minute drive will take you the the first zipline in Mindanao, Camp Sabros.  The place would require you to bring picnic baskets and your own car to reach the place.  Though I haven't been there, but my friends say its worth all the travelling and walking.

Still part of Davao del Sur, is the highway going to Don Marcelino.  The road strarts from Sulop Junction and into Sta. Maria Munipality.  Here you will see Mindanao's own Little Boracay.  White Sand Beaches with a long stretch of water that is only ankle deep. heaven.  The resort belongs to the incumbent mayor and it has little cottages for overnight stays.  The resort also has a function room that overlooks the beach.

Move furhter down is Malita where they also have their own version of the little Baguio. Most of the area belongs to the Bautista Family so we were not able to visit the place plus you need a four wheel drive to trek the road going up.

The last municipality of the province of Davao del Sur, Jose Abad Santos.  Now this place is heaven for the seafood lovers.  Lobsters a foot long only costs Php 50.00 that's quite a steal. plus most of the people living there are indigenous.  Mode of Transportation i s by walking. People from far barangays would travelled for days just to reach the town proper and buy stuff.  Some barangays doesn't have any electric connection.  So the primitive life still exists in this area.

Then next stop would be General Santos City already.

Must see places in Davao del Sur:

Binaton Bagobo Village
Badiang Mat Weavers
Jose Abad Santos Hot spring
Tubalan Cove
Saragani Underwater Cave
Pasig Island
Bacoco Spring/Falls
Kipanan Falls
Tagaktak Falls
Mainit Spring
Malalag Hill View Park
Balutakay Fox Holes
Shoreline Mangroves
Dulangan Cascading Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment